There’s nothing more frustrating than going to hit your vape pen or disposable vape and realizing it won’t hit. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence among vapes which is one of the most popular consumption methods among consumers. Fortunately, there’s a way to fix it.
So, if you’re a part of this consumer group and you’re wondering how to fix a disposable vape that won’t hit, then you’re in the right place. Here, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the way disposable vape pens work, how long they last, and how to troubleshoot disposable vape pens when they won’t hit.
Keep reading for all the tips you need to continue puffing smoothly.
The Anatomy of a Disposable Vape Pen
To understand how to fix a disposable vape that won’t hit, first you have to understand the components or anatomy of the vape pen device. This will help you troubleshoot the issue properly and most successfully.
A disposable vape pen includes:
- A pre-filled oil cartridge or pod - The whole point of a disposable vape pen is to enjoy the cannabis vape cartridge. In disposable vape devices, the pen will come already equipped with a pre-filled cartridge or pod. For the most part, these cartridges or pods aren’t removable, hence their “disposable” nature.
- A coil or heating apparatus - To heat up the prefilled cart, the disposable vape will also come equipped with a coil or heating apparatus. The coil becomes saturated with the oil and when powered on via a button or automatic draw begins heating the oil. This creates the vapor that’s inhaled by the consumer.
- A battery - Of course, for the disposable vape pen to work it has to have power to heat. That comes from a battery that’ll range in capacities anywhere from 280-1000mAh. The higher the capacity, the higher the power. In disposable devices, the battery is designed to last as long as the oil would, but sometimes it will come with a charger port in case it dies sooner.
More Disposable Vape Pen Components to Know
Even though the pod or cartridge, coil, and battery are the three main components, other parts of a vape pen can cause it not to hit. So, if you’re learning how to fix a disposable vape that won’t hit, these are essential components to know, too.
First and foremost, is the hole that the consumer will inhale the vapor from. This passageway is responsible for directing the vapor from the coil and out the hole for the consumer to enjoy.
The other important component to know is the activation method or mechanism. As we already said, some disposable vape pens may work with an auto-draw, where the user takes a drag and the coil heats up. Other vape pens will have a button that turns on the coil for heating.
How to Fix a Disposable Vape That Won’t Hit - Step by Step
Now that you know all the ins and outs of a disposable vape pen, let’s get into the answer to “how to fix a disposable vape that won’t hit”. Here are the top troubleshooting tips to take step by step.
- Tap the disposable vape pen - Sometimes bubbles can get trapped in the pre-filled pod or cartridge that’ll cause it to clog or not hit. Lightly tapping on the vape pen, can dislodge these bubbles and may help resume hitting.
- Remove debris - Using a safety pin, or paper clip, attempt to remove or dislodge any debris that’s in the airflow passageway that could be blocking the hit.
- Check on power - Most vape pen devices will come with some type of indicator light that indicates whether or not the battery is heating up the coil. If the light isn’t turning on, try charging the device.
If these three steps don’t fix a disposable vape pen that’s not hitting, then it’s also possible that you have purchased a dud. In most cases, a retailer will accept returns of disposable vape pens that don’t function correctly and provide a replacement. So, always keep your receipt, or return to the dispensary where you purchased it, which will have a record of your purchase.
How Long Do Disposable Vapes Last?
Now, the next question you may have is, "How long do disposable vapes even last?" Particularly since your vape pen may not be clogged; it may simply be dead or have been completely consumed.
If you become tired of struggling with disposable vapes or want a vape that lasts longer, it’s time to consider an O.pen rechargeable vape pen. Rechargeable vape pens have a much longer lifespan, and often eliminate many of the issues associated with disposable vapes.
Elevate The Way You Vape
If you vape frequently or want a higher quality experience, it's best to go with a premium brand like O.pen who has been manufacturing top notch vape batteries since 2012 with durability and longevity in mind.
Today, the brand is one of the most popular in the US and can be bought in thousands of stores from coast to coast. Furthermore, each battery is backed by O.pen's "Friend for Life" warranty, and the company now produces 510-threaded cartridges of comparable quality, making your wellness routines that much more convenient and elevated.
How to Fix a Disposable Vape That Won’t Hit - The Bottom Line
All in all, if you have to ask yourself “how to fix a disposable vape that won’t hit” it might be time to enhance your routines altogether. Rechargeable vape pens, like the ones made by O.pen, provide vape consumers with a more reliable, durable, and high-quality experience.
Not only that, but O.pen is budget-friendly, and offers a wide variety of vape pen batteries for all types of wellness routines and preferences. Shop O.pen today, to elevate the way you vape.